Subject: Re: MT REMY - Water ballast exchange requirements for Baltic & North sea
From: "SeaArt - Marine Superintendent" <[email-masked]>
To: master <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Bogdan FLP Manager'" <[email-masked]>, "'Vladislav Technical Assistant'" <[email-masked]>, "'Chartering Vitaliy'" <[email-masked]>, "Technical Director Oleg" <[email-masked]>, "Capt. Mike Operation - Owner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 13:35:49 +0000

Dear Capt. Denis,

Well noted below intentions to carry out BW. Please proceed as BWMP.

//Vessels entering these waters should exchange all their ballast tanks 
to the standards set out by the D-1 Standard of the Convention, at least 
200 nautical miles from the nearest land in water at least   200 metres 
deep. This includes vessels transmitting the Atlantic, or entering the 
areas of the OSPAR and Helsinki Conventions from routes passing the West 
African Coast. A map identifying these areas can be found BWM.2/Circ.14.
If this has not been undertaken, vessels will be expected to exchange in 
water at least 200 nautical miles from the nearest land in water at 
least 200 metres deep within the North-East Atlantic. (If this is not 
possible for operational reasons then such exchange should be undertaken 
as far from the nearest land as possible, and in all cases in waters at 
least 50 nautical miles from the nearest land in waters of at least 200 
metres depth). It should be noted that nowhere in the Baltic Sea fulfils 
these criteria. A map identifying these areas can be found 
BWM.2/Circ.14.

The release of sediments during the cleaning of ballast tanks should not 
take place within 200 nautical miles of the coastline of the North-East 
Atlantic or within the Baltic Sea.

Vessels leaving the Mediterranean Sea and proceeding to destinations to 
in the North-East Atlantic or the Baltic Sea should exchange all their 
ballast tanks to the standards set out by the Convention, at least 200 
nautical miles from the nearest land in water at least 200 metres deep, 
as soon as they enter the North-East Atlantic. It should be noted that 
the best place to do this is in waters that meet these criteria to the 
west of Portugal, Spain and France, as most of the waters of the English 
Channel and its approached, the North Sea and the Baltic Sea are less 
than 200 m deep. A map identifying these areas can be found 
BWM.2/Circ.39.

//

Best Regards
Marine Superintendent
Capt. Rajkaran
Office : +9122 7208035833/4
Sea Art Shipmanagement
www.seaart-shipmanagement.com
511 A, Shelton Sapphire, Sector-15, Plot No. 18&19, CBD Belapur,
Navi Mumbai 400 614. India
As Managers/Agents for and on behalf of the Owners

------ Original Message ------
 From "master" <[email-masked]>
To "Capt. Gautam Bhalla Marine Superintendent" 
<[email-masked]>
Cc "'Bogdan FLP Manager'" <[email-masked]>; "'Vladislav 
Technical Assistant'" <[email-masked]>; 
"'Chartering Vitaliy'" <[email-masked]>; "Technical Director 
Oleg" <[email-masked]>; "Capt. Mike Operation - 
Owner" <[email-masked]>
Date 06-12-2023 18:41:14
Subject MT REMY - Water ballast exchange requirements for Baltic & North 
sea

>Dear Capt. Rajkaran,
>
>
>
>Good day.
>
>
>
>Please note that as per attached rules vessel should exchage WB before 
>entering into Baltic sea
>
>
>
>As per TD instructions kindly confirm and we can commence to exchage 
>after crossing Lat. 36N Northbound.
>
>
>
>Thanks & Best Regards,
>
>
>
>Capt. Denis Popov
>
>Master of M.T. Remy
>
>Tel  Vsat: +35725030094
>
>Iridium: +881677131783
>
>E mail: [email-masked]
>
>SeaArt_sign
>
>
>